I have to write this fast, Im almost out of power. I plugged my magnetic power adapter into my macbook pro this morning and almost immediately it start smoking from the cord behind the magnetic head.
I snatched it out and immediately unplugged it from the wall. Needless to say I was a bit freaked out. I went to the online apple store to check on a replacement and I was quite disturbed to find that this is a VERY common occurrence based on the reviews! So Im off to the apple store to buy another one at $80 which Im not really happy about.
If you have a macbook pro, keep an eye on the plug. Im glad this didnt happen while it was plugged up overnight. Scares the shit out of me that it could have caught fire!