I was having a really great discussion with Brian Meloche, John Farrar and Isaac Dealey Friday night on Skype and I tossed an idea that I have been having out to them for their opinions. Since then, this idea has really been nagging at me to the point that I finally decided to do something about it.
So, Im putting the details together for a CFML development contest. I have the rules about 80% finalized. Im not sure of the start date yet but I will say that I hope to kick this off in November sometime. Here are a few of the thoughts that Im putting into the rules.
- Contest is open to any CFML developers
- You may enter as an individual or a team of up to 4 people
- Application must run on one of the available CFML engines (bonus points for apps that are compatible with all 3 engines)
- Development CANNOT start until the specified start date!
- Non digital planning of your application can be started prior to the start date but no code or digital assets can be created.
- Entries must be an “application”, not open to custom tags, etc at this point
- You may utilize any open-source code in your application that you like providing it doesnt violate that codes license.
- You can choose to keep your application closed or you can open-source the app (preferred).
- Judging to be done by the community at large, no judging panel.
izes. And I dont mean just one! I’m donating one for each member of the winning team!